That’s right… no cook pasta sauce. This recipe is fresh, tasty, and so, so easy. It’s the perfect Saturday night treat with a glass of red wine. It does taste better with white pasta (I know, I know, but it’s okay every once and a while in moderation) and make sure it is still organic. Throw it together, let it sit for a while, and enjoy!
- 2 Pounds of Ripe Tomatoes (I used Campari tomatoes because they were ripe at the time, but any variety you like and have a good strong flavor will do!)
- 2-3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Torn Basil, However Much You Like!
- A Few Generous Pinches of Sea Salt
- Organic Pasta (Spaghetti or Other Long Noodles)
- Dice up the tomatoes in a big bowl with all the tomato juice. Throw in all other ingredients and mix well. Let it sit for about an hour and taste test for preference. The longer it sits the better!
- Cook up your pasta when you are ready. Put sauce in the bowl first, throw hot pasta on top, and let it sit for a minute to steam up the sauce on the bottom.
- Pour yourself some wine and enjoy!
Big thanks to my sister-in-law, Lauren, for passing this along. It’s definitely a new favorite.