A fall favorite with a little twist. Vegan, or vegetarian (with sour cream and cheese on top), or carnivorous (with ground turkey,) totally up to you!
- 1 1/2 Pound Butternut Squash
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, Minced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Can of Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Can of Great Northern Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes, Petite
- 2 1/2 Cups Veggie Stock
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
- Cilantro, Chopped
- Cut up all veggies, and throw everything together.
- I cooked mine slow, in a dutch oven, on low for about 2 hours. A crockpot would also work, but you may have to cook it longer. Keep stirring and check the consistency of the squash to know for sure when it’s done. Tender, but not mushy.
- Let it sit for a while so the flavor melds together. Great for reheating whenever you are ready to eat! Top with salt to taste and cilantro.